The build process
Find your dream site
Do you have the perfect spot for a getaway cabin? Can it be access by a truck carrying 2 containers? If so, a VC might be right for you.
Choose your design
Our designs can be changed a little to suit your needs, but we recommend at least x2 20" containers to make a cosy cabin. Get in touch to discuss your cool ideas and pricing.
Let the build begin
Manufacturing the containers in China will take approx 1 month. Then allow 5 weeks for shipping to a NZ port. During that time you can apply for your consent, start on your footings and progress any ground works.
Pack your bags
We can help with the interior fitout and cabin assembly or you can do it yourself . To complete the build for a consent we'll need a builder, electrician & a plumber. Then its time to move in.
- The price is dependant on the final size and how much you’d like us to do!
- We can happily project manage the consent process
- We can recommend tradesmen for the Central Otago & Bay of Plenty areas
- We are open to discussions about partnering with you for larger accommodation opportunities
- We can order kitchens, bathrooms and other interior fittings if you wish
- Lets chat about how we can help you!
Tailored to suit you
Our cabins can be tailored to a certain extent! We have researched and tested our designs and know the best way to structure a simple cabin with the right level of insulation, framing and metal support. Our shipping containers are made from scratch to our dimensions, however we area happy to discuss your needs and move internal walls and windows if required.
View our show home
- Voyager#1 is in Millers Flat, Central Otago
- It has 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom & laundry
- The high pitch roof creates 2 extra lofts
- Floor – SIP’s panels from Formance in Christchurch
- Joinery – windows and doors by Design Windows in Cromwell
- Roof – an insulated sandwich panel from Conqueror NZ In Christchurch
After 12mths of research these building products were all chosen for there durability, quality and ease of installation.Call for more info
Our Quality Promise
We have visited our Chinese manufacturer many times, we know the staff and their families well! We have inspected their work, observed staff working and have many discussions with their engineers and designers as each project progresses.
We check the dimensions, joins, quality of steel, paint used and have a very long checklist of standards that must be met. We employee an external quality control person who spends a day going over every detail of the manufacturing before they cabins are allowed to be shipped.
If the containers arrive here and you are not happy with the standard, we will put it right.Contact Us